Saturday, August 11, 2018

A Baby's Gotta Do What A Baby's Gotta Do

A baby's gotta do what a baby's gotta do!



Can you believe it's been 27 years since we were first introduced to Tommy, Chuckie, Phil, Lil, Susie, and Angelica.

Question is, how old were you when the Rugrats first premiered?


I was almost 5 years old when I was first introduced to these adventurest little babies.
My two K's were 2 years old when they first saw Rugrats. I popped in the Rugrat movie and they instantly fell in love. They can't say Rugrats so they call them, "the babies".

My sisters and I were crazy about the Rugrats. We all had our favorites characters and I have to admit mine was Angelica.

{me when I finally get to step out with no kids vs the next
morning when I have to wake up and cook breakfast lol}

I know. I know what your thinking!

Angelica was very mischievous, but that's why I liked her. She said and did stuff I wouldn't dare dream of doing. She was bad to the bone. And I loved it! But I also loved Chuckie. Omg! He was such an adorable red head fraddy cat. And don't forget little Miss Susie Carmichael. I adored her! There weren't very many cartoon characters that looked liked me growing up so seeing her was such an amazing feeling. I absolutely loved her hair because my Mom would do my hair the same way as Susie's. I secretly want to be Susie for Halloween this year and dress the boys up as Phil and Lil, but that would probably take too much work to do and on top of all the other 5000 things I have to do I probably wouldn't have the time to make us costumes. Maybe next year!


The Rugrats movie came out in 1998.
How many of y'all was just as pumped as I was when the Rugrats movie came out. I went bonkers over that movie and I was especially excited because my Mom took my sisters and I to the movie theater to see it. The movie was super fun to watch, but what I loved most was the soundtrack from No Doubt to Busta Rhymes to Mya, the soundtrack was slammin!



When mentioning the Rugrats movie we cant forget about mentioning Mya, Mase and Blackstreet. There song 'Take me there' was a major hit on the soundtrack. Sing with me...

Take me there, I wanna go there
Take me there. Let's go there
Take me to great places with wonders and wishes
Take me there, I wanna go there
Take me there. You know where


I love watching Rugrats with my two K's it reminds me so much of watching it with my sisters. My sisters and I literally watched the Rugrats until we were adults. Last month, they just announced that there will be a relaunch. The Rugrats are back!!! Yesss!!! Rugrats will be coming back with 26 new episodes and a movie in November 2020. You already know I'm taking my two K's to the theater to see it. I love the fact that we can share that experience of watching a Rugrats movie in theaters with our very own children.

If you can't tell already me and my two K's love those adorable little babies and we hope you do too. We will have a ton of Rugrat baby shower sets in our shop and tons of Rugrat pieces here and there. Just take a look at some of the Rugrat stuff we have done for far.


When we reopen be sure to check out our Etsy shop for cool items of Tommy and his crew!

Outtie! ✌🏾







 

No comments:

Post a Comment